Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sunny Saturday... At last!!

Today was a gorgeous day after yesterday being a nasty 35 degrees f. That means project time so I gave Ugly Lamp a make over! With just a lampshade on sale at Lowes and a can of spray paint, Ugly Lamp transformed into Glam Lamp!

Ugly Lamp Before:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Glam Lamp Transformation:
Photobucket
(Ignore the plastic bag- the base is a bit tacky still but I wanted to get pictures of the lamp before the sun set.)


Photobucket

Photobucket


Craigslist find -
Photobucket
$20 American of Hudsonville Table with a wood bottom (no clue what kind though) and a Formica top with not a single scratch on it. The drawer is clean and in perfect condition. This is one of our best Craigslist finds yet. Usually the craigslist here is littered with overpriced floral couches from the 90s that hurt my eyes.

Photobucket
I'm saving for a round green shag rug for under this space. I also want to add a skirt to the table. I am hoping I get lucky and find some pretty barkcloth at a thrift shop. Then the cords in the back will be hidden and the cat will have a place to hide and tease the dog.
I also have ordered a print canvas from Society 6 - A Dog Flying in Outer Space by Ryder Revolution. I think it's awesome and I plan to put it in the corner on the blank wall with some little black shelves above it. I want to paint that wall a nice light blue color soon. I have big plans for this summer.
Photobucket
Awesome on so many levels.

Photobucket
My funky Walmart lamp arrived. I love the lamp shade.

The Boom canvases from Value City are now up on the stair wall behind the futon . For just $20 a piece they made a fun pop art statement in our fun video game inspired living room.
Photobucket

Photobucket
BOOM!

Photobucket
My Astro Scout Tin Robot toy came in the mail. Yay!! I plan on putting him on the little black shelves I have for around the Space Dog canvas. My favorite part is the little atomic symbol on his forehead.

Photobucket
I also found a pineapple bowl for $1 at a garage sale. Too cute!!

I am so glad the weather is finally warming up. I have so many fun plans for this summer. I made a list the other day of what I planned to do during the warm season. It had over 28 tasks on it that I wanted to complete, and those were just the essential projects.

I recently saw the coolest TV center ever at a house that was for sale. It was a fake fireplace with the TV where the fire would be. Then they had a mantle around it and stone to the ceiling. When the TV is off and the screen is black, it just looks like an extra wide fireplace. I wish I had my camera with me at the time. It would be a cheap way to get a fireplace effect since we don't have one or the money to add a real one. Plus it's a cool way to hide the TV in plain sight.

2 comments:

Judy said...

hey! Thank you so much for stopping by!!! I can't see your pictures on this browser here at work, but I will make a point to stop by when I have blooger up at home!!!!

Very nice to meet you :D

La Paix!

Judy

h said...

Haha, that pineapple bowl is a great find!

Post a Comment