Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Sunny & Warm with Blue Skies

Treasure hunting time! Today was such a beautiful day that we couldn't stay in so we went out junking! Yay! Today I got super lucky and found some items that were on my want list.

Photobucket
The most expensive purchase of the day at a whopping $15 was this beautiful deer planter by Shawnee USA. It's the perfect color of green and was just too cute to pass up.
Photobucket
I still need to clean him up. I took pictures of everything as soon as I got home so they aren't looking as shiny as they will when I'm done with them.

I got a second kitsch doggie planter for $2-
Photobucket

Little owl for my owl collection- $1
Photobucket

Little blue clock that I am going to put on the bedside table next to our bed- $1.99
Photobucket

Atomic bowls - 59c each
Photobucket

Photobucket

Retro Butterfly Tray - 99c
Photobucket

Photobucket
Food for Two, 1949 - $2

Photobucket
Vintage corelle hanging cups - 50c each
Photobucket

Photobucket
I was rummaging through a box at the thrift shop and I just happened to open these coverless books. I gasped when I saw they were books on interior design! - $1 each
Photobucket
I plan to scan many of these at my husband's office to share on here.
There was also a few books on how to make furniture. There are so many cool projects! It might try some of these someday. -$1 each
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I also found a book with string art patterns. I saw a few cute ones on etsy and wanted to try my hand at it so I'm quite pleased with this find. -$2

Photobucket
A book of house plants! - $1


Today was a very successful day. My rule in order to not become a hoarder is this - for every box of stuff I bring home I have to donate a box of stuff I no longer need. Since we've been so good with our spring cleaning and had a nice big box to donate, we went a little crazy and went to every thrift shop in the neighborhood.
I'll be scanning a few pages from the furniture guides and interior design books and posting those soon. Along with pictures of an American of Martinsville side table we found on craigslist for $20. I'm not sure what kind of wood the bottom is made out of so any help with that would be greatly appreciated. We also have the new curtains hung and pictures of those are to come as well. We've been busy busy busy.
I am going to clean and organize our mud room because right now it's a random catch all of tools since we don't have a tool shed. There are also some random boxes of crap from our childhoods that got stuck in there 4 years ago when we moved here. It's just something I dread having to go through because it's just a reminder of how different things are now. I think these feelings are probably related to my agoraphobia. I get such overwhelming feelings of dread over some things, and even though I know it's completely irrational I still can't control it. Oh well, we all have our crap we have to work through.



3 comments:

Stephanie said...

how awesome!! you got tons of good things for such a great steal. where did you go for all of this??

R. said...

My favorite place is a little church owned thrift shop deep in the ghetto next to an almost empty K-Mart. They always have better finds than Goodwill since very few people ever go there.

Nick Klaus said...

That cookbook is so cool. Can't wait to see the scans from the old design books!

Post a Comment